skip events

From: Jiasen Ma (jsma@uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 16:30:47 CET

    Dear Fluka-users,

    In my setup, I use source.f to read incident particle
    informations (x,y,z,px,py,pz) from the list in a file. I only
    need the events with energy deposition in a certain detectors
    to be less than a specific number. The reason that I want to
    do this is for time saving in simulation.

    I also keep track of energy deposition in those detectors by
    adding DTRACK(I) and RULL in mgdraw.f if MREG is the region
    number of the detector that I want.

    Is it possible to stop the shower simulation of the event and
    skip to the next one once the energies in those detectors
    cross the threshold? I don't want to quit the program. My
    guess is that I need do some sort of quit or set some flags in
    mgdraw.f.

    Is my way of counting the energy deposition sum correct? Both
    continuous deposition and point deposition, and only these
    two, should be count, right? Are there variables tracking sum
    of deposition in each region as shower develops in Fluka?

    I attached my source.f and mgdraw.f.

    Thanks a lot.

    Jiasen