Re: [fluka-discuss]: Usrbin detector Definition

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 08:45:48 +0200

Hello
1. no, if you use USRBIN on a cylindrical or cartesian grid. Yes, if you
use it by region

2. I would use mesh, so that you can subdivide the space, in and after the
target, in cells. If your problem has cylindrical symmetry (ex pencil beam
+ cylinder target) it's more convenient to use USRBIN cylindrical.

You can have a look at slides from courses , for instance
https://indico.cern.ch/event/694979/contributions/2927109/attachments

Hope this helps
Paola
/1657642/2654312/Scoring_2018.pdf
> Hello Fluka professionals.
> while trying to define my detector I am in a fix and would love to find
> answers to the following:
>
> 1. Does The dimensionsof the detector have anything to do with the size of
> the target defined?
> 2. The target am considering is made up of three layers of different
> materials with length along the x-axis, and I would love to find the
> fluence of the particles beyond the third region (layer). the WHAT(1) of
> the uSRBIN, should it be by region or Mesh Cartesian. Further explanation
> is desired pls if it's by region.
> Thanks

Paola Sala
INFN Milano