Re: [fluka-discuss]: contribution of daughter to dpa

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 16:28:25 +0200

Dear Mara,

during radiactive decay Fluka does not transport the recoiling nucleus,
only the alphas (and beta, gamma) are transported. Thus, there is no
contribution to DPA from the  radiating heavy ions. Conversely, heavy
ions produced in the prompt part of the simulation (if any) do
contribute to DPA.

Hope this helps.