Re:

From: <Anna.Ferrari_at_lnf.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:40:27 +0100 (CET)

 Hi Andrzej,

  if you want for example to study a given reaction in a particular region
  of interest, I would suggest you to do an event analysis by using:
  - the MGDRAW user routine (activated by the USERDUMP card) for
     the general analysis of each transport particle;
  - the STUPRF and STUPRE user routines, where (in the cases of
     hadrons/muons and electrons/photons respectively) you can get
     informations about the occurred interaction and the secondaries, that
     have been produced.

  If for example you want to count the interactions of interest in the whole
  target, you can work in the USDRAW subroutine (in mgdraw.f);
  if you are interested only at the secondaries that come out from your
  target, you can work in the BXDRAW (boundary crossing drawing) subroutine
  (always in mgdraw.f).

   In this second case, if you are also interested to the calculation of
   the total interaction rate (i.e. the total cross section, without
   selecting a particular reaction) I would suggest also to consider the
   USRYIELD card, that - with an appropriate setting of what(6) - allows
   the calculation of the plain double differential cross-section or the
   invariant cross-section (the warning is: the calculation has a little
   meaning in the case of thick target)

  Hope it helps,

   cheers,

    Anna