Re: total cross sections table FLUKA 2008

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:58:19 +0100 (CET)

Dear Jaroslaw
There isn't an utility to get a cross section table for neutrons above 20
MeV.
However, the code prints in the .out file the elastic and inelastic
scattering lengths for all used materials at the beam energy. You'll find
them searching for the string " Material compositions:" in the output
Regards
Paola

> Dear all,
>
> I simulate the neutron beam with scintillating material (carbon +
> hydrogen) and with the tungsten layers with the Fluka 2008 code and
> Geant-3 package.
>
> And I was wondering how much the values of total cross sections which are
> implemented in these codes, are different. The most important for me are
> total cross sections for reactions:
>
> BEAM MATERIAL IN TARGET
>
> neutron and carbon
> neutron and hydrogen
> neutron and tungsten
>
> I am interested in the kinetic energy for the neutron in the range (300 -
> 800 MeV).
>
> I would like to ask where I can find the table with these values in FLUKA,
> I saw in the manual something related with "FLUKA neutron library", this
> is a good trace ? Especially, in the range of kinetic energy in which I am
> interested in? I know that it is possible to achieve this information for
> low energy neutrons (LOW-NEUT + what(4)), but my neutrons have energy
> bigger than 20 MeV, so I think, I can't use this option.
>
> bye and very thanks for any help,
> Jaroslaw

> Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
> 52425 Juelich
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
> Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
> Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
> Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Paola Sala
INFN Milano
tel. Milano +39-0250317374