[fluka-discuss]: Efficiency of Detector

From: noman kaleem <nomankaleem786_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 01:41:41 +0500

Dear Fluka experts,
I'd used fluka for the simulation of a CsI detector and want to compare the
obtained graph with the experimental data.
Also I want to calculate the efficiency of the detector.
i. I got the graphs from my simulation, they are quite similar to the
experimental data but the obtained number of pulses related to the number
of counts depends on what factor?
ii. For detector Efficiency, we need no of counts emitted by the source and
no of counts detected by the detector. How do we get both of them?
iii. How to mention the activity of the source?
iv. Is it possible to calculate the efficiency of the scintillator detector
using FLUKA code?

Required your valuable comments,
Regards,

Noman Kaleem