Re: [fluka-discuss]: Running older versions of Fluka

From: Stefan E. Mueller <stefan.mueller_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 11:43:07 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Carl,

older versions of FLUKA "expire" and will not run anymore, with a notice
to please upgrade to a newer version.

Support is given only for the latest version, which is supposed to
supersede and improve the previous versions of FLUKA.

It is quite likely that models have changed between the versions, you can
always check the RELEASE-NOTEs to see what changed. In particular, for
2023.3, $FLUPRO/RELEASE-NOTES.fluka2023.3 states:

   - Photonuclear interactions: both cross sections and models are
     completely new above ~100 MeV: this is a major improvement which gets
     rid of many limitations and inaccuracies of the the previous
     implementation;

So maybe this could explain the differences you see?

Cheers,

         Stefan

--
Stefan E. Mueller
Department of Information Services and Computing - Computational Science