Re: Quasi-monoenergetic neutron beam from Li target

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 23:42:17 +0100

Dear Mitja,

first of all you get a poor interaction statistics (less than 1/100 of
beam protons interacts over 7mm of Li, thus you need a LOW-BIAS
card to bias the inelastic scattering length of primaries). Then, consider
that the expected narrow peak - for a FIXED energy of the interacting
proton - at the higher limit of the neutron spectrum, will be spread out
due to the energy range of the interacting protons (the beam loses about
5 MeV in your target).

Kind regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti