Re: electromagnetical models

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 08:21:27 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Francesca,

I have listed the FLUKA models for electromagnetic interactions in
the attached text file. When possible, I have added a bibliography.
However, I am not able to give you any information about differences
with respect to PENELOPE, except a couple of obvious ones:
- PENELOPE covers an energy range with a lower limit lower than that of FLUKA
   (1 keV) and an upper limit also lower than that of FLUKA (1.E18 eV)
- PENELOPE can handle only electrons, positrons and photons, and therefore
   does not include any cross-talk with hadronic interactions.
For more information, you should ask the PENELOPE authors.

Best regards,

Alberto