Re: transport cut-offs in selected regions

From: G. Battistoni <giuseppe.battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 15:24:15 +0200

Hi John
the way to accomplish your task is to make use of the "usrmed.f" user
routine.
You activate the call to usrmed by means of the command MAT-PROP with
SDUM=USERDIRE for a series of different selected materials (see the manual for
essential details).
Now, if you look at usrmed.f you see that you have available the
following variables:

* ij = particle id
* Eksco = particle kinetic energy (GeV)
* Pla = particle momentum (GeV/c)
* Wee = particle weight
* Mreg = (original) region number
* Newreg = (final) region number

Therefore you can set up a logic so check Eksco for a given particle
when it is within region Newreg (usrmed will be called at each step, but
you can also
implement a logic at the passage from Mreg to Newreg, if this helps you).
As soon as you want to cut it out below a given
threshold, you must simply set (in the same routine)
WEE = ZERZER
In summary, by means of MAT-PROP and usrmed.f
you can exploit a check as a function of both materials and regions.

    Giuseppe