RE: Energy deposition scoring for electrons or photons

From: Georgios Tsiledakis <Georgios.Tsiledakis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 15:19:22 +0000

Dear Paola,
I tried to follow your suggestions using the usrmed.f routine.
I have added in my input
MAT-PROP 1.0 0.0 0.0 12.0 29.0 3.
USERDIRE
where 12.0 is the copper that surrounds the gas mixture 29.0
The region of the copper is 2.0 and of the gas 3.0
I would like to measure the energy deposited in the gas that comes only
from photons or only from electrons when the source for example is 1.3
MeV point source inside the Copper shell.
By adding in the usrmed.f the lines:
        IF ( MREG .EQ. 3 ) THEN
             IF ( IJ .EQ. 3) WEE = ZERZER
        END IF
I realise that I kill all the electrons in the region 3 (copper) that
might give photons and finally conversions into the gas. As a result, I
am getting very few which is wrong...

-If I write it as follows it is also wrong....=

        IF ( IJ .EQ. 7 ) THEN
             IF ( MREG .EQ. 3 .AND. NEWREG .EQ. 4 ) WEE = ZERZER
        END IF

Could you please let me know how to kill this particles not in the
region but in the boundary?
I had a look at the manual without success. Is it a good idea to define
a new tiny spherical shell that separates gas from copper and kill by
WEE =3D ZERZER selectively what I would like?

Thank you very much for your help
Best regards

Georgios