Re: Directives in geometry

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 00:52:12 +0100

Dear Chris

> I recently came across a feature, namely geometry directives, which seems
> quite useful but it is unfortunately not very well documented.

the mentioned geometry directives will become available only with the 2011
release coming soon.

> As it is
> common practice in geometric modelling, I would assume that the
> application of transformation matrices via "$Start_transform" can be
> nested recursively down to an arbitrary depth.

Not at all (see https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/portugal2010/Lectures/AdvancedGeometry2010.pdf
slide 15). Actually $Start_transform is intended to apply to the
concerned bodies one transformation defined through ROT-DEFI which of
course can already be the product of several matrices (it's the case of
more ROT-DEFI cards sharing the same SDUM, i.e. transformation name)

Ciao

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI