Re: Getting a series of Fluka seeds

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 22:40:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hello
maybe I'm going to tell something that you already know, but..
The easiest thing is to change the random seed in the what(2) of the
RANDOMIZE card. The code will iniitialize by himself a different random
sequence for each seed at the first run. Is this what you need?
Note also that if the user forces an initial random FILE whose seed does
not match the one in the randomize card, the file is disregarded and the
sequence is reinitialized with the RANDOMIZE seed.
Ciao
Paola

> To get more statistics, I run many identical jobs in parallel. So that
> they, are different I start with a different seed file. Is there an easy
> way,
> that I can generate say 500 different random seeds? In that way, I can
> run
> 500 jobs with the same input file.
>
> Howard Matis

Paola Sala