Re: Question: How to stop neutron transport below 1 MeV and beyond 20 MeV

From: Mohammad Islam <rafiqul.islam_at_okstate.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 15:30:58 -0500

Dear Fluka Experts,

Many many thanks to vasilis and andrea for pointing out the the error I
made. I can see it now. Actually I am fairly new to fluka and trying to
learn the acitivity of different CARDS and its associated physics.

Following the suggestion made by Mr. Vasilis, I tried to activate the
USERWEIGht card and incorporated the lines

          (IF ( ISCRNG .EQ. 1 ) THEN
          IF (J0TRCK .NE. 8 .OR. KTRACK.EQ.0 .OR. KTRACK.GT.102) COMSCW =
ZERZER
          END IF)

  in the code comscw.f and modified it to comscw_mod.f for the scoring from
1-20 MeV Neutrons. But I could not get it worked. I also followed chapter
13 in the manual. I could not get fortran code compiled (complier f77,
Fedora 15) in the first place. As I am not familiar with linux or fortran,
I am finding it really hard at this point. Please help me with an example
if possible.

I attached here my input and comscw_mod.f card for expert opinion.
Again please help me in solving my problem: Scoring dose equivalent in
different detectors (CR3901, CR3902.....CR3912)* only from neutrons of 1-20
MeV. *

Looking forward to answer.

Sincerely
Mohammad