pointwise XS for 6-Li?

From: Maria Vittoria Introini <maria.introini_at_mail.polimi.it>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 12:01:22 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts, I have a question about the use of pointwise cross sections for low energy neutrons. In the manual I found that FLUKA can explicitly transport 3-H and alpha particles produced by neutron capture on 6-Li (and also alphas from capture on 10-B), if I request the point-wise cross section by means of the LOW-NEUT card. Without this explicit request, the energy of the products is deposited at the point of interaction. Is it right? I would like to simulate thermal neutrons impinging on a 6-Li target (see input file attached for details). I require the pointwise XS with the LOW-NEUT card, but looking at the simulation results it seems that alphas and 3-H are not transported explicitly. I get the same results if I do not request the pointwise XS. Things change when I replace 6-Li with 10-B: in this case the request of the pointwise XS is effective. Where/what I get wrong with 6-Li? Thank you very much, ciao vittoria **************************************************** Maria Vittoria Introini, PhD Politecnico di Milano, Dipartimento di Energia, Sezione Nucleare via Ponzio 34/3 20133 Milano - Italy