RE: intervals in usryield card?

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 18:59:30 +0100 (CET)

2013 18:59:34 +0100 (CET)
Sender: owner-fluka-discuss_at_mi.infn.it

Dear Tristan,
sorry I was not clear enough, I'll try again:
The double differential flux that you get from fluka is independent on the
bin size. It is
neutrons/unit energy/unit(second quantity). If, for instance, the "second
quantity" is an angle, the units will be
neutrons/GeV/steradian.
Now, if the bin size is 2 GeV or 1 GeV, the "neutrons/GeV" will be the same.
Instead, if you wish to nknow how many neutrons are in a given interval
DeltaE,
you'll have to multiply the neutrons/GeV * DeltaE to obtain the
"neutrons". This will depend on the bin size, and it is what you got in
the plot you sent last time.
Ciao
Paola

Paola Sala