Re: [fluka-discuss]: Number of ionizations in a region

From: Vittorio Boccone <Vittorio.Boccone_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 20:54:07 +0000

Dear Angelo,
 the unit of what you score with USRBIN depend on your what(1) and what(2)
of the USRBIN card. Supposing that you have 10<=what(1)<=18 you will score
the tracklenght density of the particle(s) defined in what (2).

The mesh of the USRBIN defines the volume on which the value is calculated.

If you want to do it by region the best way is to normalize to the volume
in the post-processing of the simulation.

There’s a way to pass region's volumes to FLUKA but they are only used to
normalize the energy in region if/where/when the SCORE command is used.

You can pass volume also to USRTRACK and USRCOLL in order to have normalized results.
Best
V.

--
!!! Please take note that my main e-mail address will not be
!!! valid anymore starting from 1st January 2014.