[fluka-discuss]: Trying to use geometry out of stl-format

From: Kilian Baumann <baumann.kilian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 16:05:50 +0100

Dear fluka-experts,

I have a complex geometry, described in a stl-file. Since this kind of
file is not compatible with FLUKA (stl just describes surfaces) I
converted this stl-file to a 3D-Wavefront (obj) file. When impoting
this file to SimpleGeo there are no problems. I can edit names,
materials, positions, etc. However when exporting my geometry to an
input-file for FLUKA it does not work, since the with SimpleGeo
defined region (my obj-file) does not link to any body. So is there
any possibility to define a new body out of my obj-file? Because with
this new body I could create my region. Or is there any other way, how
I could define my geometry with the obj-file?

Thanking you in advance!

Best regards,

Kilian