Re: [fluka-discuss]: Understanding origin of neutrons, photons, e+e-

From: <me_at_marychin.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 21:23:51 -0800 (PST)

Dear Alfredo,

I suppose your detector has a finite sensitive volume with respect to the mean
free path of the particles of interest.
n->gamma->e+/e- do not all happen on the same spot. The neutron travels a
distance before being captured; the gamma travels a distance before interacting.
With a big enough scoring volume, we count them all. With a small-enough scoring
volume, neutron won't get counted after it got captured.

To find out which photon and which electron come from the same ancestor neutron,
we do latching. Latching is done via stupre.f and/or stuprf.f.

:) mary