Re: [fluka-discuss]: output

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 22:11:16 +0200

Hi Mohammad,
.dat format is not a format itself but just the extension used by
fluka-post processing tools (typically used through flair) when, after
merging the simulation data, you plot in gnuplot.

Now I don't understand what you mean when that you "set many detectors and
I merge them in that detector to plot the results".
Can you be more specific on your problem? Maybe sending the input?

In principle you can have the data in every format you want; you might just
need to write a few lines in fortran, C++ of any programming language you
like.

A special warning, when you use the DETECT card: make su that FLUKA is used
in a completely analogue mode, since correlation is destroyed by biasing
(note 2 in the manual for the DETECT card).

About the output of the DETECT card... there's an example on the manual
(again look for the DETECT card) about how to read the file.

Best,
V.