[fluka-discuss]: help with beam characteristics

From: Roxana-georgiana Rata U1179323 <U1179323_at_hud.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 10:23:20 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

I have to calculate the ambient dose equivalent for different types of ion =
beam hitting a steel pipe.
I have to use C,O2, Ar, Xe and Ne.
I have a question regarding the beam characteristics. To define the particl=
e I used the HEAVYION option and after that I just added the HI-PROPE and I=
ONTRANS cards defining the Z and A for every type of ion. Is this the corre=
ct way to do it? (for example for Ar, I just define Z=3D18 and A=3D40)
And if I want to have a beam intensity of 1.0x10^9 ions/cycle should I use =
the IRRPROFI card or just to add 10^9 number of primary histories?
Thank you.

Regards,

Roxana Rata