[fluka-discuss]: NIEL scaling

From: JAIRO MARTÍN ROJAS HUAMANÍ <a20122093_at_pucp.pe>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 22:25:41 -0500

Hi FLUKA users,

Recently we have been working on FLUKA with the purpose of knowing the
Neutron Fluence Equivalence of 1 MeV neutrons on a silicon chip. We use a
given neutron spectrum (from a data file) and have designed a simple
geometry with a cilinder surrounding the chip. When we simulate the process
we find some features:

1. The USRBIN call to 1 MeV neutron equivalent fluence (Si1MeVEq), which is
in cm⁻² , has the same form of the beam, a circle. Being a function related
to the damage, should not this plot be different for different materials
which are covered by the broad beam? (in the plot they have similar color
(value) for air and for the silicon chip).
2. For the plot Neutron Fluence Cilinder, being normalized in Fluence/MeV,
we would expect its integral to be 10⁶ as written in START, but we get a
lower number (240544.283).

Thanks you for your help.

ps. We are attaching all the relevant files. To see the graphics you should
first compile