RE: [fluka-discuss]: Can't read more than 9999 bodies with GLOBAL 18000

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 14:15:32 +0000

Dear Alexander

just be careful, having one region VAC which you subtract tens of thousands of bodies
will result in a very slow tracking time. The best approach will be to split the VAC
into main smaller regions where you subtract fewer bodies. (Look on the advanced
course the slides on optimization/geometry)
Your geometry is highly repetitive so why not using LATTICEs with the lattic.f routine
it will make much much simpler your geometry and improve the tracking time.

Last you have a lot of overlaps in your geometry many bodies have exactly the
same coordinates e.g. all regions declared as fiberglass

Vasilis