Re: [fluka-discuss]: correctness of simulation

From: Mattias Lantz <Mattias.Lantz_at_physics.uu.se>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 15:06:01 +0100

Dear Samsul,

As Viktor writes there is no standard check that you have done things
right. Read carefully the beginner's manual, look at the relevant parts
in the main manual (and also the course material that can be found on
the Fluka web site, there are many good tips there).

Then, instead of starting to build a complex geometry, it may be good to
first try with simple examples where the output is not so complex. If
the results from simple tests make sense with respect to what you can
expect from known physics, then you have probably done well so far and
can add more complexity to the simulation. This may of course not be so
easy, depending on what kind of simulation you are running, but I find
it to be a very useful approach for some of my simulations.

Best wishes,
Mattias Lantz