RE: [fluka-discuss]: Transverse momentum

From: Zafar Yasin <Zafar.Yasin_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 06:19:20 +0000

Dear Vittorio and FLUKA experts,

In continuation of my previous email, we have simulated the Pt distribution of primary charged particles for P-Pb and P-P collisions at center of mass energy of 5.02 TeV. While comparing with experimental data, FLUKA simulations underestimates the results in the order of 5 to 50, as shown in the attached graphs. We have used the model “ldpm3qmd”. For p-p collisions, the difference is of the order of 10 and in the attached graph for P-P interactions, FLUKA results are multiplied by 10 to match with the experimental data. Input files are also attached. We are not finding the reason of this mismatch.

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Zafar Yasin