Re: [fluka-discuss]: Cross section of neutrons

From: Luigi Salvatore Esposito <luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 09:10:46 +0000

Dear Srhi,
if you run parallel runs, then each FLUKA input file needs to have its own initialisation of the random generator,
i.e. different WHAT(2) of the RANDOMIZe card (see Note 5 in the manual of the RANDOMIZe card). The user should take care of it.

On the other hand, cycles within the same run have automatically independent histories since FLUKA will use the last random number seed
from the previous cycle.

You have to average over cycles. The post-processing utilities in FLUKA make this job for you.
Again, as I already recommended in my previous email, please refer to the slides about statistics from the last FLUKA course:

https://indico.cern.ch/event/540415/contributions/2194806/attachments/1285749/1912258/09_Statistics_and_sampling_2015.pdf

in particular slide 32 and following. You can assume batch = cycle.
Best regards, luigi