FLUKA: USRBIN: RZ binning axis

To "FLUKA LIST @CERN" <fluka-discuss@listbox.cern.ch>
From Alberto Fasso' <fasso@slac.stanford.edu>
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:03:33 -0800 (PST)
In-reply-to <3A1D290B.9269F52C@in2p3.fr >
Reply-To "Alberto Fasso'" <fasso@slac.stanford.edu>
Sender owner-fluka-discuss@listbox.cern.ch

I have realized that a few questions on this list have not yet got
an answer.

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Laurent APHECETCHE wrote:

> So, from my understanding of the USRBIN documentation, I should be able
> to use R-Z binning, if... I knew for sure (sorry for asking what I
> assume is a very stupid question...) what to give as X and Y for the
> binning axis (WHAT(5) and WHAT(2))... Could you explain it to me ?

The manual says:

     WHAT(5) = [...]
               For R-Z binning: Y coordinate of the binning axis
               (in R-Phi-Z binnings, the Y coordinate must be zero).

     WHAT(2) = [...]
               Ymin cannot be negative)
               For R-Phi-Z binning: X coordinate of the binning axis
               (in R-Phi-Z binnings, the X coordinate must be zero).

Is that not clear enough? (I am always glad to receive suggestions
to make the manual more clear, but...).
An R-Z binning is cylindrical scoring mesh, with the cylinder axis
parallel to, but not necessarily coincident with, the Z axis.
The two above parameters define the binning offset with respect
to the Z axis (use 0.0 and 0.0 if the two axes coincide)

Alberto

Alberto Fasso'
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
Radiation Physics Dept. ms 48
2575 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025

Tel. +1 650 926 4062        Fax: +1 650 926 3569

Your name :
Your email :
Subject :
Body :