Re: FLUKA: Production of Hydrogen

To "Alberto Fasso'" <Alberto.Fasso@cern.ch>
From Laurent Aphecetche <aphecetc@in2p3.fr>
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:13:59 +0200
CC fluka-discuss@cern.ch
References <Pine.LNX.4.21.0108311451170.22694-100000@lxplus035.cern.ch >
Reply-To Laurent Aphecetche <aphecetc@in2p3.fr>
Sender owner-fluka-discuss@listbox.cern.ch

Alberto Fasso' wrote:

> Anyway, one way to attack your problem could be to score
> separately "stopping protons" (protons reaching energy cutoff). This is
> possible using the MGDRAW user routine. Unfortunately it will not be a
> complete solution, because you will still be missing protons produced
> in low energy neutron reactions, which FLUKA does not generate
> explicitely. (But it will catch the hyrogen recoils, although I am not
> sure that it is a desirable feature for you)

Hi Alberto,

I'm also interested of trapping those "stopping protons". Unfortunately
I do have a FLUKA version where there's no comment in the include files,
thus it's difficult to have an idea about which variable is relevant to
this problem. Could you provide an example on how to store the particles
reaching energy cut-off ?

Thanks,

--
Dr. Laurent APHECETCHE (mailto:aphecetc@in2p3.fr) (IN2P3-CNRS)
SUBATECH-EMN-4 rue Alfred Kastler-BP 20722-44307 NANTES cedex 03

Your name :
Your email :
Subject :
Body :