Heavy Ion Fluence

From: Katherine Harine (katherine.harine@msfc.nasa.gov)
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 13:27:35 CEST

    Is there a way to have a boundary crossing detector in FLUKA, like
    USRBDX, count heavy ions as individual elements. For example, when I
    transport protons through a material where residual nuclei such as iron
    or silicon are created by interactions of the protons with atoms like
    lead or cobalt in the material, can I count the iron or silicon created
    in the interactions as they pass through a boundary without lumping
    them together as just HEAVYIONs.

    - Katherine