Upstream and downstream

From: Sunil C. (sunil@mailhost.tifr.res.in)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 06:15:08 CEST

    Hi All

    I have this doubt for some time about the upstream and downstream for
    scoring

    If assume a target RPP inside another bigger RPP and in between say air.
    Beam incident on face 1 of target. The upstream would be from the opposite
    face of face 1 (say face 2) to air. Thus for scoring , target region would
    be the first region (what(4) of first card of USRBDX ) and the air would
    be the downstream region (what(5) ). If so those particles that come out
    of the other faces (2 lateral sides, upward and downward) would also be
    considered for scoring. Even, those particles produced inside target and
    coming out from face 1 would also be from upstream to downstream.
    Is this correct?

    In that case how to score only those particles that come out of face 2 to
    air? That is in the forward direction using USRBDX? What I do is to define
    a plane at the outer edge of target (face 2) and divide the air column to
    two, one in the forward region and the other in the backward region. Now I
    can score from target to the air column in the forward direction.

    Is there another way of doing this?

    Regards

    Sunil C
    Health Physicist