Optimizing FLUKA geometry

From: Lee, Kerry T. \(JSC-SF\)[LMIT] (kerry.t.lee@nasa.gov)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 16:26:10 CEST

    ------_=_NextPart_001_01C6B0BF.70CEAD6E

    Dear FLUKA authors:

    I would like to make sure that I am producing optimum FLUKA geometries. =
    Where I define optimum as the fastest tracking possible regardless of =
    the time required for initialization.

    1) Is it better to define regions with non-overlapping =
    zones(sub-regions), or should one use the fewest number of zones to =
    define a region?

    2) If I have the same number of zones for overlapping and =
    non-overlapping, but for overlapping I can use fewer bodies to define =
    the zones, which is better? Does fewer parameters(bodies) produce =
    faster tracking than non-overlapping zones?

    If the answer to producing fast tracking depends on other things can you =
    tell me what that might be?=20

    For the purpose of this mail assume I am using only the recommended =
    FLUKA body types (RPP, SPH and infinite bodies)

    Thanks
    Kerry

    ------_=_NextPart_001_01C6B0BF.70CEAD6E

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    charset=3Diso-8859-1">
    6.5.7638.1">
    <TITLE>Optimizing FLUKA geometry</TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

    <P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Dear FLUKA authors:<BR>
    <BR>
    I would like to make sure that I am producing optimum FLUKA =
    geometries.&nbsp; Where I define optimum as the fastest tracking =
    possible regardless of the time required for initialization.<BR>
    <BR>
    1) Is it better to define regions with non-overlapping =
    zones(sub-regions), or should one use the fewest number of zones to =
    define a region?<BR>
    <BR>
    2) If I have the same number of zones for overlapping and =
    non-overlapping, but for overlapping I can use fewer bodies to define =
    the zones, which is better?&nbsp; Does fewer parameters(bodies) produce =
    faster tracking than non-overlapping zones?<BR>
    <BR>
    If the answer to producing fast tracking depends on other things can you =
    tell me what that might be?<BR>
    <BR>
    For the purpose of this mail assume I am using only the recommended =
    FLUKA body types (RPP, SPH and infinite bodies)<BR>
    <BR>
    Thanks<BR>
    Kerry<BR>
    </FONT>