Re: Jtrack value equal to -7 and -8

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2007 - 12:16:24 CET

    Yes, these are heavy fragments.
    When there are many of them, they can have id numbers more negative than
    -6, depending on threshold.

    Paola Sala sends the following lines used in a comscw.f routine to
    retrieve the properties (Z,A) of such fragments (see below).

            Giuseppe Battistoni

    ** recoils from proton or neutron int. on nuclei are flagged with jtrack=208.
    ** some "on spot" electromagnetic . energy depositions have jtrack=211
    ** --> assign dummy values to charge and mass
          IF (JTRACK .GT. 200) THEN
             ICH = -10
             IB = -10
          ELSE IF ( JTRACK .GE. -6 ) THEN
             ICH = ICHRGE (JTRACK)
             IB = IBARCH (JTRACK)
    *** if many heavy fragment are produced they can (depending on threshold)
    ** carry jtrack = -7, -8, etc
    *** standard jtrack for ions is -2
    ** -3 to -6 are deuterons, tritons,alphas
          ELSE
             ICH = ICHEAV (-JTRACK)
             IB = IBHEAV (-JTRACK)
          END IF