Re: Kinks in neutron momentum distribution

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2007 - 16:53:29 CET

    Hi Joseph,
    I believe that you should not worry about those kinks. In part they seem
    ugly because of the way you are plotting them.
    In order to understand better neutron
    structures you should plot using
    lethargy (E dN/dE) instead of momentum, and also log. binning (a part the
    region <19.6 MeV where one must stick to the width of our 72 energy
    groups).
    However the 2 structures that you see should be related to two real
    physics issues:
    1) the lowest one: nuclear evaporation peak
    2) close to 500 MeV/c: the so called quasi-elastic peak

    Best regards

            Giuseppe Battistoni