Re: Thermal Neutron Capture Gammas

From: Alberto Fasso' (fasso@SLAC.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2007 - 22:26:54 CET

    Dear Lindley,

    your question is too vague to give it an answer.
    Which material(s) are you using? Have you made sure that
    the cross sections of all of them include gamma production?
    (See Chap. 10 of the Manual).
    Are you aware that not all neutron captures produce gammas?
    For instance you can have a (n,alpha) reaction without gamma.
    Are you aware that in a (n,gamma) reaction you may have
    more than one gamma?
    Have you just "counted" the neutrons and gammas, or have
    you calculated the sum of their weights?

    Alberto