Re: what is subroutine SFLOOD?

From: Alfredo Ferrari (alfredo.ferrari@cern.ch)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 14:33:32 CEST

    Hi

    the lines below only generate a random position but not a uniform and
    isotropic fluence.

    The callling sequence of sflood is:

    SUBROUTINE SFLOOD ( XXX, YYY, ZZZ, UXXX, VYYY, WZZZ )

    wehre xxx,yyy,zzz are the position coordinates (on a radius=1 sphere)
    and uxxx,vyyy,wzzz are the direction cosines, all double precision
    variables.

                       Alfredo
    On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Ercan Pilicer wrote:

    > hi valery,
    >
    > as far as i understood sflood.o comes with binary file libflukahp.a.
    > but i didnt understand how to manipulate with it as a subroutine.
    >
    > can we do the same, i mean by implementing spherical coordinates into
    > source.f like;
    >
    > parameter (pi=3.141592653589793238462643383279D+00 )
    > ph = flrndm(dummy) * pi
    > th = flrndm(dummy) * 2 * pi
    > xxx = r * sin(ph) * cos(th)
    > yyy = r * sin(ph) * cos(th)
    > zzz = r * cos(th)
    >
    > if yes what should be uxxx, vyyy, wzzz values as described in;
    > http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0875.html
    >
    > thanks in advance.
    >
    > ciao
    > ercan
    >

    > On 4/10/07, Valery Taranenko <TaranV@rpi.edu> wrote:
    >>

    >> Hamide,
    >>

    >> This subroutine (like many others) is compiled into libFlukaHP.a library.
    >> You can see it by issuing command under Linux: "strings libflukahp.a | grep
    >> i sflood". OK we found it. Now you need to write your own auxiliary fortran
    >> code (where you basically call that external subroutine) and compile it
    >> with Fluka. All that explained in a great detail in the manual.
    >>

    >> BTW, it would be nice to have a list of subroutines compiled into a library
    >> along with declarations and a short (really short) comments on what it
    >> does.
    >> This example with SFLOOD reveals a need for that. Sampling a uniform filed
    >> inside a sphere is very typical task and SFLOOD is definitely very helpful
    >> here. User will be able to search the description and find what is needed.
    >>

    >> By doing: "strings libflukahp.a | grep -i "\.f$" | sort -u | wc" I found
    >> 1266 fortran subroutines compiled into the library.
    >>

    >> What about ROT source? ROTrotation symmetrical source, i.e. emission
    >> points are sampled uniformly on a cylinder with Z-component of directional
    >> cosine is always zero, and X and Y components of dir cos-s are sampled
    >> inside a cylinder, again, uniformly (cosine distribution on a cylinder
    >> relative to normal with zero Z-component for direction). Should I program
    >> SOURCE for this source?
    >>

    >> Thank you.
    >>

    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Val
    >>

    >> Valery Taranenko, Ph.D.
    >>
    >> Postdoc Research Associate, RPI, http://rrmdg.rpi.edu
    >>
    >> Troy, NY

    |  Alfredo Ferrari                ||  Tel.: +41.22.767.6119                  |
    |  CERN-AB                        ||  Fax.: +41.22.767.7555                  |
    |  1211 Geneva 23                 ||  e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari@cern.ch        |
    |  Switzerland                    ||          Alfredo.Ferrari@mi.infn.it     |