Re: surface source

From: Sebastien WURTH (wurth@ipno.in2p3.fr)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 15:17:50 CEST

    Hello,
    They are many ways :
    1) To obtain a circular surface source it is simple : you can do it
    inside BEAM card without source.f by giving the proper values to WHAT(4)
    and (5) with WHAT(6) < 0 (see manual).
    2) For a spherical source you can use source.f by calling the RACO
    subroutine see
    http://www.fluka.org/frequentlyAQ/Functions,_subroutines_and_Fortran_programming.html
    You got three random numbers TXX, TYY, TZZ such that TXX**2 + TYY**2 +
    TZZ**2 = 1D+00
    In source.f you assign XBEAM = TXX, YBEAM = TYY, ZBEAM = TZZ for
    example. This gives you a spherical distribution with "radius" 1 cm (on
    every projection (x,y), (x,z), (y,z)) and center 0,0,0.
    You can also take a look in the user routines chapter of the fluka
    manual section source to see other applications of sampling.

    Hope it helps.

    Regards.

    Sebastien.