[fluka-discuss]: question about accessing particle energy at time of binning in comscw

From: Willis, Christopher <willis.276_at_osu.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 14:31:51 +0000

Hello,
I am relatively new to fluka, and had a question about including a detector response function in my binning detectors (USRBIN) using comscw. I am simulating a stack of detectors that will be used to measure the spatial distribution of a beam of protons at various energies, and want to include a dose normalization based on the proton energy at the detector. (Essentially, the detector has an under-response for protons whose bragg peak lies within the active layer of the detector.)

I've figured out how to get at particle INITIAL energies in comscw, but can't figure out how to get the energy at the point of energy deposition being binned.
If anyone could offer a suggestion as to how to access this instantaneous particle energy, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Christopher Willis
Post-Doctoral Researcher
The Ohio State University