Re: [fluka-discuss]: Minimum distance to nearest boundary

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 10:28:05 +0200

Hi Chris,
    have you tried with PLOTGEOM? Alternatively, there are some interesting
equations at this link (look under "Mathematics/Distance"):

https://www.geometrictools.com/Documentation/Documentation.html

that can perhaps be implemented in an algorithm.
Hope this helps,
Andrea

Il 12/07/2017 10:24, Chris Theis ha scritto:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> for some user routines I would need to find the minimum distance from
> a point in a volume to the nearest boundary of this region. As this is
> a standard functionality of a tracker I guess that there should be a
> routine in FLUKA’s geometry package that one could call to obtain this
> information. However, I was not very successful so far in finding it.
> If somebody could give me a hint it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Chris

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy