Coincidence counting between 2 NaI detectors

From: Lonnie Cumberland (lonnie.cumberland@nist.gov)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2007 - 16:13:51 CEST

    Greetings All,

    I have been using MCNP for a little while now, but now it seems that MCNP
    cannot handle a problem that we would like to model and in my searching,
    seem that FLUKA can from what I have been reading.

    What we want to model is 2 simple NaI detectors, place a Cs-137 (or some
    other source) source between them and get the generated spectrum for each
    detector as well as the coincidence tally spectrum.

    Is there a easy way to do this with FLUKA?

    I am really new to FLUKA and if it can handle the coincidence counting
    issues, as well as being easy to use, then we will probably switch from
    using MCNP to this package but I would like to run some simple case tests
    first and any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks and have a great day,

    Lonnie Cumberland, Prof.

    Nuclear/Mathematical Physicist

    (301) 975-6869 (Office)

    (313) 333-2935 (Cell)

    (301) 926-7416 (Fax)

    Ionizing Radiation Division (846)
    Radiation Physics Group (245), Room C106

    ADDRESS:

                     100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8462
                    Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8462

    EMAIL: <mailto:lonnie.cumberland@nist.gov> lonnie.cumberland@nist.gov