[fluka-discuss]: USRBDX with lattice geometry

From: Federico Geser <fgeser_at_famaf.unc.edu.ar>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 17:14:47 -0300

Dear FLUKA experts,

I wrote a geometry using lattice source file, trying to define a detector
made of 50x50 regions. I defined 50 of them (only one row of the array)
that will be the elementary cell (prototypes) for each of the other rows.

I would like to use the USRBDX card to count photons entering each of the
regions of the cell (such as an imaging detector) discriminating in energy,
solid angle, or maybe both variables.

At first, I thought that using the USRBDX card in one of the elementary
cells will be enough for FLUKA to understand that I want to calculate that
quantity in every other lattice cell related to the corresponding
elementary cell, but that is not true.

The lattice card makes the correct matching of other properties, for
example materials, thresholds, etc, but is there any way that it
automatically understands USRBDX?

Should I define a USRBDX card for each region of the cell? (there will be
2500 USRBDX cards!)

I attach the input, geometry and lattice source files.

Thank you in advance!

Geser, Federico Alejandro
Lic. in Physics

Doctoral Fellowship - IFEG-CONICET