Re: [fluka-discuss]: USRBDX with lattice geometry

From: paola sala <paola.sala_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 10:05:51 +0200

Dear Federico

If you define a row with 50 regions and replicate it, the usrbdx will
apply also to replicas, summing them together. In each of the 50 usrbdx
you'll get all particles crossing a column of pixels. Is this what you
need? If not:
- to get the "total" usrbdx over all 2500 pixels: add a "dummy" scoring
region in front of the detector (a thin layer of void) and score there.
- to separate all the 2500 pixels: not with usrbdx. usrbdx works by
region, keeps no track of different lattices. One should define 2500
usrbdx's, not sure that it does not hit some max dimensions (i'll check
if needed). The only structure that works "by lattice" is the USRBIN
"special" (what(1)=8). You could use this in fluence mode, with energy
as the third variable. Needs user routines, and will give the fluence
INSIDE the pixels, not at the surface

A couple of advices: independently on whether you use lattices or not,
avoid defining each pixel by a rpp. All these RPP will touch each other,
potentially giving rounding problems at boundaries: the same boundary
will be defined by two different, touching, bodies. It would be better
to define a single RPP containing everytyng and split it with planes.
This would also make the subtraction from vacuum easier, only one body!

Check your PHYSICS cards:
the PEATHRESH card, (do you need it? you are working at energy where
PEANUT is the default. ) If used one should input large values :
  PHYSICS 1000. 1000. 1000. 1000. 1000. 1000. PEATHRES
If you switch on coalescence and heavy fragment evaporation you should
also switch on heavy ion transport (card IONTRANS, not IONSPLIT), and if
the energies go above 100-150 MeV/nucleon link with the RQMD generator.
The BME card is useless, and please do not set a QMDTHRESH
Hope this helps
Paola