Re: [fluka-discuss]: Change material of body using the source routine

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 08:57:38 +0200

Dear Lars:
-- to be used with care !!!! ---
-- ONLY at the beginning of event (ok in the source.f)
-- BE SURE that the "new material" assigned to you region is defined an
USED somewhere else in the geometry. If not, define a dummy region
somewhere and assign the material to it. Otherwise, its properties will
never be initialized.
-- BE CAREFUL about thresholds. Please set the same PRODUCTION thresholds
for all the materials that you will use in that region (EMF-CUT, sdum
PROD-CUT)

Please note that materials are assigned to REGIONS, not to bodies. Thus
- Retrieve the number of your region, through
 CALL GEON2R ( REGNAM, NREG, IERR )

* Input variable: *
* Regnam = region name (8 characteres) *
* *
* Output variables: *
* Nreg = region number *
* Ierr = error code (0 on success, 1 on failure) *
* *

- Retrieve the number of your material in a .out file,
( search for "=== Regions: materials and fields ===" )

- Include the materials common in source.f
INCLUDE '(FLKMAT)'

- Assign the new material IMAT to the region by filling the
material-to-region array:

MEDFLK(NREG,1) = IMAT

where the index 1 stays for transport of prompt radiation.

Again, please use only at the beginning of an event, and take care of
thresholds.

Hope this helps
Paola
> Dear FLUKA experts,
>

> I am working on adaptive geometry by using the NM2BDY and RSTBDY functions
> in the source user routine.
>
> I am currently able to change the body to my specifications; however, I
> also need to change the material assigned to the body specified in the
> routine.
>

> To be more specific, I have an RPP that changes in thickness according to
> given weights. I have 13 different thicknesses that are the same material,
> but for the 14th thickness I need to change the material.
>

> Is there any possible way to do this?
>

> Code snippet :
>

>      CALL NM2BDY('RMBOXXXX',IBODY,IERR)
>

>       WHAT(1) = -5.0