Re: [fluka-discuss]: muon + mgdraw

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <giuseppe.battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 20:01:33 +0200

Hi Andrea
some partial answers.
I leave to others the question of EMF-BIAS because there are more
important things and I will concentrate on the use of mgdraw.

Such a topic is not easy at all and I'll try to give you some hints.

You are placing the write statements in the USDRAW section (actually
these sections technically are called ENTRY), and you are not using the
proper variables.
In this entry JTRACK is the code of the particle interacting at
coordinates XSCO, YSCO, ZSCO. It has nothing to do with particles
created in that interaction.
Looping on NP you must scroll the arrays of common Genstk
[ see in $FLUPRO/flukapro the content of (GENSTK) ] and you will select
muon by asking for kpart(ip) = 10 or 11. Look carefully at the other
arrays of GENSTK common for all kinematical infos.

JTRACK, ETRACK, XTRACK etc are variables of the common (TRACKR) in which
are copied, one at a time, the variables of transported particles,
taking them from GENSTK. You will use them in other Entries of Mgdraw.
For instance in the BXDRAW entry, those variables will identify the
running particle during transport at the moment in which a boundary
between regions is crossed. USDRAW Entry instead "captures" the moment
in which particles are created, not the action of transport.
Individual particle transport can be followed in the main initial part
of mgdraw.f using the variables of (TRACKR) common block.

I don't know if this is clear enough...

        Ciao
                Giuseppe

--