[fluka-discuss]: Energy score

From: <riyadey_at_barc.gov.in>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 13:52:47 +0530

Dear FLUKA Experts,

I want to calculate organ absorbed dose in a phantom immersed in a
hemispherical cloud source . The radius of the hemisphere is taken as 5/
mu i.e. 5 times the mean free path of the photon in air corresponding to
its energy. In this regard when I apply 1 MeV photon source , the radius
becomes 62972 cm where as the phantom height is 176 cm.

When in the scoring USRBIN card is used and energy is selected, even for
10^7 histories , no scoring is obtained where as if I reduce the radius,
say,200 cm, then scoring is obtained.

Since I have to use radius value of 5/mu , what will be the techniques
that I should apply to get Scores ??

With regards,

Riya Dey