RE: [fluka-discuss]: bremmsstrahlung

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 13:43:40 +0000

Hi Kabytayeva,

To get the photon spectrum both cards can be used.
- USRBDX is a the boundary crossing estimator, giving as double (or single) differential results
per energy and per solid angle (versus the normal on the surface)
- USRYIELD is more powerful and you have a wide variety of options.
For both cards (almost all scoring cards of fluka) the best way to see the normalization of the
results, is to make a binary scoring and once you sum-up the various files look the
normalization inside the _sum.lis file. Look also Note.6 in the manual.

Now if you want to filter only with the bremsstrahlung spectrum I am afraid
you need to make use of a user routine. One option is to "flag" the photons
in the stupre,f with the use of the LBRMSP flag (look the (EVTFLG) and then
dump the events in a file or filter them with the USERWEIGH before scoring them
into a USRBDX histogram.

Side notes: don't use special characters like () in the filename. It can generate problems
in many scripts

Cheers
Vasilis