Re: [fluka-discuss]: Radioisotopes of Co60 Cs137 with RADDECAY

From: Luigi Salvatore Esposito <luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 18:42:21 +0000

Dear Agnieszka,
this topic was discussed here

http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/11755.html

Best, luigi

On 17 Jun 2018, at 20:00, Agnieszka Witkowska <witkowskaagnieszka07_at_gmail.com<mailto:witkowskaagnieszka07_at_gmail.com>> wrote:

Dear Luigi,

Thank You, I read the presentation and set up values for electron and gamma threshold however I am getting such error message:
<Screenshot from 2018-06-17 19-58-41.png>

What does it mean?

Best regards,
Agnieszka

Dear Agnieszka,
please keep the mail exchange on the list in order that also other can profit.

Concerning your question, please bear in mind that a transport transport if always applied in a condensed history approximation used in a Monte Carlo.
Appropriate cuts depend on your application.
This is discussed in this lesson given at last FLUKA course
https://indico.cern.ch/event/694979/contributions/2927124/

If you really want to the full electron spectrum, place the radioactive source inside your scoring region (i.e. change your setting of the BEAMPOS card).

Hope this could help.
Cheers, luigi