Re: [fluka-discuss]: Importance Biasing

From: Luigi Salvatore Esposito <luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 11:00:34 +0000

Probably you refer to the thread “PDD comparison”. In that case I guess you privately sent your input to the person on shift last week.
In this reply I will refer to the last input you sent me.

Respect to the previous setup, you now shot a 12.9 MeV electron on a water phantom.
As you can see from the attached snapshot from your input, the USRBIN is defined after about 10 cm of water: more than enough to stop the electrons and preventing them to reach the scoring region.
Moreover, the importance biasing implemented (the colors in the snapshot indicate the importance of each region) mainly affects the regions that are downstream the phantom, where of course it plays no role

Best, luigi

P.S. Please keep the mail exchange on the list.

[cid:C1DE8081-BCA3-4516-9ACF-58FF5A7A2FEC_at_cern.ch]