Re: [fluka-discuss]: EMFIX_STEPSIZE_for_electron_dose_thinslab

From: Maria Ilaria Besana <maria.ilaria.besana_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 18:20:56 +0000

Dear Sougata,

there is not a general receipt to set the EMFIX and STEPSIZE values. It depends on your specific problem.
I have however some general suggestions.
I would recommend to use as low thresholds as possible for electrons and photons.
In addition to this you can consider to activate single scattering, using the MULSOPT card.
Replacing multiple scattering with single scattering can be very demanding in terms of CPU, but it can work for your case, since you are interested in a very thin layer and low energy particles.
Please have a look at the MULSOPT card in the manual, especially at Note 6.

Hope that helps,
best regards,
Ilaria