Re: [fluka-discuss]: deposited energy vs absorbed energy

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 23:14:55 +0200

Dear Alexander,
     I am not sure if I understand correctly your question, but  I believe
that these two old and important messages might shed more light on your
problem:

http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/8056.html

http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/7931.html

Hope this helps!
Andrea

Il 23/09/2019 21:03, Ševčik Aleksandras ha scritto:

> Dear experts,
>
> Due to the nature of several existing interpretations in the different
> fields (and ongoing discussions I face), could you please advise if
> deposited energy calculated in Fluka is the same as absorbed energy
> (mean energy transferred from the secondary charged particles to the
> absorber) in the case of photon irradiation. The wording may imply
> that “not all deposited energy may be absorbed”, so interpretation
> that deposited energy =  absorbed energy + some losses (?). I will
> appreciate very much the elaborate comment on this from any expert in
> this subject.
>
> Regards
>
> Alexander

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy