Re: [fluka-discuss]: Detector to be placed at desired scattering angle

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 16:12:38 +0100

Dear Aman

there is no input card that places a detector at a given angle. It has to
be placed in the geometry, at a position such as it is at the desired
angle.

USRTRACK and DETECT are completely different.

USRTRACK gives the energy spectrum of particles in your detector, averaged
over all primaries. Meand that in each interval you will get the average
fluence of particles having energy within the limits of the interval.

DETECT gives the distribution of the energy deposited in your detector
vent by event. In other word, each "bin" contains the number of events in
which the deposited energy was within the limits of the bin

You can find more details on how to build a geometry and on scoring
options in the manual and in the lectures from past users courses

Hope this helps

Paola
> Dear Fluka experts,
>

> I am trying the scoring of scattered radiations through USRTRACK and
> USRBIN
> cards. The region in USRTRACK is selected as detector, whose dimensions
> and
> position (x,y,z) is entered through geometry input.
>
> But I am not able to find any input for scattering angle while placing the
> detector (well shielded). How I may place the detector (whose media is
> defined through ASSIGNMA) at desired angle to record the radiations
> scattered from the target?
>

> Further, it would be helpful if you elaborate the difference for the use
> of
> USRTRACK and DETECT cards. I am little confused about their use.
>

> Thanks in advance !
>
> Regards,
>
> Aman

Paola Sala